- Houses of the Oireachtas: Provision of professional cataloguing and metadata management services.
- World Health Organization: Creating metadata for official W.H.O. documentation according to international standards.
- Dublin City University: Cataloguing PDF Research Reports.
- Crawford Art Gallery (sub-contract with Arcline): Providing Library Consultancy Services.
- Redemptorist Community: Development of a new Province Library.
Past contracts as a freelancer:
- LGMA (Local Government Management Agency): Collation and analysis of public library data.
- Manor House Secondary School: Development of a school library.
- Dominican Order: Development and cataloguing of a special collection.
- Dublin City Public Libraries (June -September 2019): Developer of a languages toolkit for public libraries to enhance the user experience of the library catalogue.
Technological University Dublin Grangegorman Library Project Manager
I managed the Library Services’ input for both the Academic Hub and the Interim Library accommodation at Grangegorman and provided regular reports to the senior management team.
Royal Irish Academy Digital Collections Cataloguer
I obtained voluntary experience to support a professional development programme I was undertaking in digital collections. As part of this experience I created metadata for digitised antiquarian drawings.
Dublin Business School
I generated metadata for theses on the Institutional Repository DBS eSource, to support CPD studies.
Redemptorist Community Province Librarian
- Managing the five libraries of the Redemptorist Irish Province.
- Supervising and training of library interns and volunteers.
- Coordinating the transfer of two large special collection libraries.
- Developing an Irish Studies special library and a Pre-1900 special library.
- Cataloguing of special collections to international standards.
- Interviewing candidates for the JobBridge scheme.
- Dealing with queries and providing access to holdings for library users.
- Chairing meetings with the Library Committee and members of the Redemptorist Community.
- Compiling library strategy documents.
University College Dublin Special Collections Survey Librarian
I assessed the cataloguing needs of a collection of antiquarian theological books and manuscripts and compiled a report describing the collection and recommending actions to be taken to make the collection accessible to scholars.
Arcline (Records Management) Cataloguer
Team-leader in the preparation of a submission of a tender to the National Library of Ireland for a retrospective cataloguing project.
- Delegating duties to team members.
- Cataloguing sample catalogue records to international standards.
Cataloguer with the National Library of Ireland
- Cataloguing books according to international standards.
- Quality assurance: checking the catalogue records of other members of the cataloguing team.
Dublin City University – Mater Dei Institute of Education Assistant Librarian
Delivering of presentations and submitting reports to management on the cataloguing of historic collections and making recommendations on the storage and potential of these collections. Cataloguing antiquarian and other items to international standards.
Houses of The Oireachtas (Irish parliament): Library & Research Service:
- Participating in a retrospective cataloguing project.
- Checking the catalogue records of other team members to maximise accuracy.
- Staff Development: Training of new staff members in all aspects of cataloguing and updating the in-house cataloguing training manual.
- Researching a new collection management system for the Library & Research Service as I was involved in a tendering process for this.
Office of Public Works Cataloguer
Cataloguing and classifying rare books and archival material at various heritage houses throughout Ireland.
Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Public Library Service Acting Assistant Librarian
Leading the team of a branch library. Organising the rosters, annual leave etc. for staff and sending attendance reports to senior management in Library Headquarters.